If you are wondering why your seeing the message WPBackItUp Premium must be reinstalled with this release then you have come to the right place.
In version 1.14 we decided to split the WPBackItUp plugin into two plugins: WPBackItUp Core and WPBackItUp Premium. The Core plugin is part of WPBackItUp Lite and can be found in the WordPress repository. The premium plugin is provided as part of your purchase and may be downloaded from your WordPress site via the link provided in the error message seen above. We do not include the link here because it is only available to customers with a valid WPBackItUp premium license.
We decided to make this split for a number of technical reasons but the most important is because we wanted to be able to release Premium Features separate from Core and Lite updates. With the two versions bundled into a single plugin we were forced to release updates to both sets of customers on the same schedule. With the split we are now able to release updates to the core plugin much more frequently and with less impact to our premium customers.
So that's the good news. The bad news is that this release will require you to install both WPBackItUp CE and WPBackItUp Premium plugins. We apologize for this inconvenience but there was no way around it. To upgrade we recommend you follow these steps:
- Upgrade WPBackItUp CE to version 1.14 ( you may have done this already)
- Download WPBackItUp Premium from the link shown in the WPBackItUp admin notice on your site. If you aren't sure where to find this notice, run a backup on your site and you will see it.
- If you have WPBackItUp Premium already installed, deactivate and delete it via the plugin manager
- Install the WPBackItUp Premium file you downloaded in step 2
- Activate WPBackItUp Premium
That's it! WPBackItUp Premium should be installed and activated. Please see this link for detailed instructions.
Thanks and please don't hesitate to contact support if you have any questions or need help installing.